add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Wires are NOT ugly.

Sxcbeast

49 months ago

Any cases out there that can help show off those good-look'n threaded cables? I have an idea for a custom case, but I havn't found any that helps to really show off my cables.

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

Assuming I looked at the correct part list, you should swap out your CPU cooler for a phanteks 140mm cooler like this https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14pebk, and case wise a Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX would be good since the window is MASSIVE plus the case looks awesome as well https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-case-phes515ebk. (Yes I do probably come across as a Phanteks fanboy or Phanboy as you will but they make good stuff if you are willing to put out the cash)

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

If it was my Skylake - Security one then yeah that's the right list. Thanks for the advice but I have friends that swear by that cooler, and they are way better at pc stuff than me. Plus the price is so low that if I wanted to swich to something better it wouldn't matter. And I can just use it to OC one of my older processors. I do like that cooler though.

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

The 212 Evo is good for i5s but anything higher really should have beter cooling, also what do you make of the case?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I've done a bit of research on it, from the more professional reviewers its a pretty standard case, that's also very modifiable. The basement has enough room for PSU and HDDs with room to spare. I'm torn between the MC Pro 5 and the NZXT Noctis 450. couple of things I don't like about the Noctis is the lack of a 5.25 bay, the window is stupid, and I don't like the logo on the basement. I'd rather have it blank so I can put my Cases' name there. BUT it is much closer to the look that I'm going for since the floating panels kind of looks like armor. Other than looks the Pro 5 is a pretty solid case, the only downside being it looks kind of bland to me.

What Air cooler would you suggest? Noctua I keep reading is the best choice, or do all high end ones perform similar enough that it doesn't matter?

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3, Phanteks 140mm, Noctua DH15/14 which is the best looking to you? These are the best aircoolers on the market where the temps and noise are much of a muchness between these 3 with only 3DB and 3C splitting them for the most part.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice, Dark Rock goes along with the scheme I'm going for. Just hope it'll fit.

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

Actually I found another one which has an even bigger window https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/inwin-case-904plus

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I like that one, I could see it with green lights pulsing through the hexagonal pattern.

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

I agree with this fine gentleman....

CABLE MANAGEMENT IS FOR THE WEAK!!!!

(I jest)

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 49 months ago
  • 1 point

O nice Thank you, those are some pretty good picks! That Thermaltake one was what I was Imagining. I think those types of cases would solve the Sagging problem people are having with the new 980 ti's. Unless ofc, Cooler Master takes my advice and adds an accessory to help with that particular problem in their Mastercase Pro 5.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 49 months ago
  • 4 points

has nightmares about dust

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah in-win has some awesome designs. Too bad they're a bit expensive, I've been trying to find cases that might be similar to a custom one called White Metropolis.
Mostly because I think having a case that orients the MOBO to lay horizontal would solve a couple of issues with today's latest hardware. One would be less strain on the MOBO from the 980 Ti s weight, and CPU coolers would be more effective as well. I read that the radiators on CPU coolers will work better if they are set vertically rather than the standard horizontal set up like most common PC towers. Plus from the way WM was designed the Modder was able to show-off more of the threaded cables than what you can normally see in a standard case.

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

The one that white metropolis used is a Caselabs Mercury S5. I warn you however, while Caselabs cases look awesome, they cost a lot.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah they're pretty expensive. I just refuse to pay more than $100 on something that's only suppose to hold everything. I remember finding a case that was made completely out of cardboard and glue. And it performed just as well, even if it is more of a fire hazard. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube