add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

700-900$ budget with intel core i7 950

frippeflygare
  • 55 months ago

Now, to start things of, my knowledge of building a PC is very limited. While i do think that i a vague knowledge on what parts i need to make the pc run, that's pretty much where my knowledge ends.

What i want (can be compromised) - To run most games at at least high or very high, without any problems, and with at least a solid 40 fps - To have a black/red color theme - To have enough room to grow

Now, i lay my budget at around 700-900 bucks. The parts from my old computer that i plan on using (please come with opinions if you think that these parts are not good), are as following -Intel Core i7 950 -I also have 2 7200RPM Hard Drives with the capacity of 1 TB each.

The case i've been looking at is the Thermaltake Chaser A31 black. I simply love the way it looks, and i've heard positive things about it. However, if you think the Case is ****, or if you manage to find something that's similiar in design, but leaves it more open for a black/red theme, then i would appreciate that.

That's pretty much it. If anyone has the time to look into this, and help a poor clueless ****** out, then it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

While it's a good idea to reuse the hard drives, that old processor is easily beaten by a recent one in gaming performance and might not be worth reusing.

Do you have peripherals and an operating system to use?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, the peripherals is all done, but i do not have an operating system to use. And yeah, after a bit more research i'll probably switch the processor as well, and maybe buy an SSD as well.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Then I'd go with something similar to MistuhJ's suggestion.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

After an extremely basic research about the parts, it looks pretty much like what i wanted. One thing though, do you think it's worth to buy an SSD hard drive as well, or will the ones i have do the job?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Nah, i'll probably be just fine with my hard drives. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to help me out. I'll do a bit more research, but i'll probably end up with what you recommended. The only thing i might change is the case. It looks ******* fantastic, and it seems easy to work with, but the fact that there's no slot for an optical drive kinda drags it down for me, but we'll see. I might just have to accept the steam masterrace and give up on buying all of my games on disc.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Having everything on a hard drive makes life easier.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I would go with that mobo I'd get an h170 or z170

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube