add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help needed, H105 cooler doesn't fit!

Winston46

50 months ago

I've just switched from a full size ATX to a Mini-ITX case (Corsair 380T) and M/B but my bloody H105 cooler is slightly too thick to have clearance with the M/B so I can't plug in my USB3.0, my SATAs or MB socket!

I was thinking of going to either a H100i I think they're slimmer or a H75 (120mm rad).

Or, is there a slimline AIO set up you'd recommend?

Desperately need some guidance as I've temporarily fitted my stock Intel cooler!

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Depending on how far it is out by, have you thought about slimmer fans?

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Or, is there a slimline AIO set up you'd recommend?

cooler master nepton 240m

On the corsair product page the biggest rad that fits is the H100i so the thicker 120mm like the H105 shouldn't fit. But before spending money i would measure if using 15mm fans or 12mm fans (like Atron suggested) would help.

15mm thick

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/prolimatech-case-fan-ultrasleekvortex12fan

12mm thick

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scythe-Slip-Stream-Case-Fan/dp/B002CYRROY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447847045&sr=8-1&keywords=120mm+slim+fan

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

using those seems like a massive performance drop on a thick radiator. It makes more sense to get the nepton and retain the higher performance he is paying for instead of further inflating his cooling costs with those fans for lower performance

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

you're right!! The lack of static pressure on slim fans will have a drop in performance in a thick rad. He's definitely better off trying to sell his rad and getting the nepton cooler.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

with luck it may even be a simple return and exchange :)

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm afraid I've had the unit about 10 months so return and exchange won't happen! :( I'll see if I can sell and get the nepton!

Thanks for your help, do you think it's worth trying the slimmer fans first?

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

not really unless you can mount 2 more on the OTHER side of the case for a push/pull... then it may be worth while. Thats an odd case so im not too familliar with how space is in that thing

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube