add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT H440 vs S340

applebiscuit

49 months ago

So I've been contemplating whether to get the s340 or h440 for my first pc. Since I'm on a budget if I get the s340 I'll be able to buy a liquid CPU cooler, but since the h440 is more expensive I would have to settle with a fan CPU cooler in order to have enough left in my budget to get the h440.

So I guess the real question is should I buy the s340 so I can get a liquid CPU cooler, or just get the h440 without a liquid CPU cooler?

here is the build I would get if I were to go with the s340.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $253.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $99.99 @ Micro Center
Motherboard Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $154.99 @ Micro Center
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $94.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $69.99 @ Newegg
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card $319.99 @ B&H
Case NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case $79.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $79.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1173.91
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $1153.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-18 12:29 EST-0500

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 3 points

No hesitation! The S340 all the way! I love mine and I don't have a single regret getting it over the H440.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for the tip! Did you buy additional fans for the case or are you using just the stock fans it came with

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

The 2 stock fans it comes with are excellent so I kept those and also purchased a twin pack of Corsairs AF120's. Couldn't be a better combo!

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

What about the razer edition though?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks awesome but it's so pricey. Not to mention all of the issues they have had with the green LED's.

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

Someone on this site is selling one for cheaper. I got my eyes on that deal though.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

If it's cheaper then for sure go for it. It has some more features than the S340 and is a little bigger but that's about it. That's what I considered when I got mine. Plus some extra space and the logo lights up for this set amount of money vs the S340.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

the s340. cant beat it. im biased though because i love its minimalist look. I couldnt design a sexier case myself imo.

also, i am reading that you can keep your 6600k perfectly cool with a cryorig h7 which is cheap and quiet as opposed to loud, expensive liquid cooling.

i am going with a very similar build. same mobo, same cpu, same ram. you can get a cryorig h7 air cooler for 35 bucks or so.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

as opposed to loud, expensive liquid cooling.

There are quite a few AIO's that are pretty quiet.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

they arent 35 bucks i bet though

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Well duh. Budget AIO cooler are awful. Look nice, but you can get air coolers for that price that will beat it.

Some of the best AIO's on the market is the EK Predator, and the Swiftech H240-X. Silent and super cool(No pun intended)

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

is the corsair h100i gtx a really loud cpu cooler?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes. It can get pretty loud.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube