add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

OCZ ZS 650W 80 plus bronze still viable??

BrianXny23
  • 53 months ago

So I bought this PSU at the end of 2011 and it's been working luck a charm since. I plan on upgrading my GPU to probably a R9 390 and I'm not sure if a 650w 80 plus bronze psu is the same regardless of the year purchased. I'm trying to figure out if I need to purchase a new PSU or able to keep what I have... The cpu I have now is a I5 2400.

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Ehh, that is not a great PSU. It is a Sirtec unit and only actually makes 550w. I'd replace it personally.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok so if I'm looking for either a 650w or 750w psu and I dont want to go over $100, which should I choose? Do you have any recommendations?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

EVGA G2 650 is a great choice.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm okay now the manufacturer websites recommend a 750w psu for the R9 390, should that be heavily enforced or could I get away with 650w? I know it depends on the rest of my system and I only have an i5 2400 and dont OC or plan on using multiple GPUs.. I built my PC on partpicker and it gave me a max power consumption of around 460w.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

650w is plenty with a locked CPU.

GPU manuf. specs are always WAY overestimated to cover their ***.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

That's what I thought.. Thanks for the advice!!!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube