add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
WMason21
  • 55 months ago

Afternoon all,

its been a while since i had put a parts list together, with the help of a few guys on here for some parts that i wanted to upgrade my current heap of poop PC, heres the list http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/tRpdVn

my intended purpose for it is gaming, no interest in video editing, photo, music editing etc, and i initially did want something good spec wise for live streaming however i have now gone of that idea. So really my only use will be just day to day use, sending emails, surfing the web etc and playing games (dual monitor set-up) my main game being CS:GO however when other games are released that are a high spec i would be likely to get those also, especially as i recently sold my xbox.

As for PC parts i am a massive noob and only have a very basic understanding from just reading through what people have said on here so i was jusst wondering;

• A) Is this list ok? or is it to over-kill or not good enough
  • B) is it good for the price? kinda on a budget of like £300-£400 as id have to get someone to put it all together for me :/
  • C) If anyone knows a good keyboard that isnt too pricey then add that in also, my current keyboard is just a bog-standard logitech one, so id assume anything would be an upgrade lol

Cheers

Will

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks great. Are you paying someone to put together the pc for you? If so then drop that idea right now. Building a computer may seem complicated at first but if you watch a few videos you will realize it is extremely straight forward. I built mine 7 months ago and had no problems. Building a computer by yourself will greatly increase your knowledge of computer parts also. The cooler master cm devastator keyboard and mouse kit is a great value gaming set.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

i would like to try however i wouldnt want to make a major error and that component and the money go in the bin :/

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Trust me man you won't make a fatal error. Like I said if you watch videos on pc building you will know all the dangers and precautions you'll have to take before building one. The person building for you will have the same chance of breaking something as you do. It'll take you two hours max and its extremely rewarding. Plz try

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

what would be the most awkward part of say installing a processor, motherboard, powersupply and graphics card? like what would cause some confusing for example?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Nothing would be awkward. Cpu: You flip the cover, place the cpu inside, close the cover.

Motherboard: Screw the motherboard in. Installed.

Graphics card: You put the graphics card in to the motherboard.

Powersupply: Screw power supply in. Install cables in to motherboard, graphics card, and hard drives/CD drives. The cables can only fit in to one slot so there is no way you can mess it up unless you forcefully push something in and bend pins.

No you don't need a cooler for the cpu. Again, watch a video on pc building.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

ah that sounds alright, ill compromise with you, ill try it myself first, if i fudge it then ill get professional help haha

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

oh also, will i need to get a cooler for it?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube