add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$200 Gaming Budget Build

TheGloweyThingy
  • 55 months ago

Like the title says it's for gaming. Like minecraft tf2 cs go and overwatch

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

You'd most likely be better off buying a pre built PC. There's virtually no way that I or anyone else can give you a rig that can run those games well. Up your budget a bit and then ask again

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

With extensive rebate abuse, assuming you only need the box (no OS, monitor, or peripherals), I can just barely get something which you could call a gaming build if you squinted.

Seriously: there are budget-oriented graphics cards which cost $200. You aren't going to get much on that budget.

EDIT: And I should emphasize: to get something acceptable for gaming, you really want to be looking at a larger budget... and that's assuming you don't need to buy Windows. If you do... honestly a prebuilt may be the better option, since big manufacturers almost certainly get discounts on bulk Windows OEM licenses.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD A6-6400K 3.9GHz Dual-Core Processor $44.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $45.89 @ OutletPC
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $20.49 @ SuperBiiz
Storage Hitachi Ultrastar 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $34.99 @ Amazon
Case Thermaltake Versa H21 ATX Mid Tower Case $22.00 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $24.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $243.35
Mail-in rebates -$50.00
Total $193.35
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-23 17:13 EST-0500
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Rebates are worthless. You are $50 over his budget

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Here's something: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tGVsTW

It's not good and it's not really gaming but...whatever

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't wish that PSU on my worst enemy. The only positive thing I can say about the N1 is that it isn't an outright fire hazard.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I never said it was a good PSU.

In fact the whole build is crap...I know.

I would much rather go with the CX430 but I wanted to hit right on the dot for his budget.

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube