add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1500-2000K budget gaming/streaming build prefered with a gtx 980TI

PhantomCards
  • 54 months ago

hey guys just trying to get some ideas for a build as i am closing in closer to the cash to getting a new PC. A couple things to keep in mine is if it is possible i would like to future proof it, it would be nice to not have to replace a motherboard or a couple other parts if possible. Also I think im really stuck on getting a GTX 980 TI with a I7 4790K CPU as they just seem beautiful together. Im really stuck on what motherboard I should get, any ideas to spitball around? Also im thinking a MSI GTX 980TI but not 100....anyways i did put this together:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mC4X8d

but if there are some awesome changes or ideas id love to hear them! also i saw some reviews on newegg for the Motherboard I chose....they looked pretty bad, but other places say its amazing lol.

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YpFwWZ

you can get skylake, a better cooler and a much quieter case all for a bit cheaper.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

in the sense of case I really do like the look of that one. I forgot that i had the case i picked on that build, most likely Ill being going with Corsair or cooler master as I believe they have pretty good air flow, id like at least 2 intake fans with one outtake for air flow. and damn it I said I want a I7 4790K and you show me this!?!?! now I see something that will work better XD, the skylake seems like it will be the next benchmark for people? i read a bit about it and it looks amazing so im going to do more research but it looks promising. However that motherboard doesnt look too pretty, people on newegg seem to always have bad reviews....i read a couple more reviews and there very mixed. lately it seems like im stuck trying to find a good reliable motherboard where people dont complain about it dying lol

also i updated the case to something thats a bit better than what i had since that slipped by me

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

okay. good luck.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

will do man, bleh glad ive been reading into this for months, so much to look at when geting a PC and not owning one lol.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

seems like im stuck trying to find a good reliable motherboard where people dont complain about it dying

No such thing.

Motherboards in every price class are a common source of problems. You can spend $50 or $500 and have a similar chance of failure with motherboards.

There's just a lot to go wrong with boards, and the fancier they are, the more stuff they have on them to go wrong. High end boards often get the worst reviews since people have higher expectations.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

What You said is so true, I think I am going either with the Asus hero or maybe a Z 97 model for the motherboard .I'm pretty set on my GPU and the other components, right now I'll do a bit of research and see if the I7 4790k or the i7 6700k would be better for video game streaming and development.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

With the 6700K pushing $400 and the motherboards you're interested in being well into X99 territory for price, I see no reason to build a 6700K or 4790K machine. The 5820K is under $400 and there are really nice boards starting around $200. Overclock the 5820K to 4+ghz and the quads have nothing on it.

ASRock X99 Extreme4 has been on sale a lot lately for well under $200. Really nice board for the money.

In 4 years from now, you could probably pick up a used E5-2699 V3 for it for a few hundred bucks and turn it into an 18 core powerhouse.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

where do you guys find this info! i was reading a big argument at: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-5820K

and basiccally what i learned is 6700K is probably better if you never over clock, but odds are im goign to so in the end having 2 more cores that are over clocking 200Mhz less will out preform and be more "future proof" from what I understand. ive never owned a tower so over clocking is new to me, but im book smart so learning isnt difficult when the time comes lol. i have about a month to plan this. I looked into it as if i was getting a i&-5820K and came up with this, let me know what you think: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/b6hM99

keep in mind im probably driving two hours to microcenter since it just seems nicer to buy it all there rather than wait for shipping and have to deal with DOA parts...plus amazon is a rip off and newegg is full of negative reviews lol

oh on a side note...if i ever went and go a 4K monitor...this should support it right? im a little lost when it comes to that.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

How do I convert too USD from euros XD I'm on mobile atm so it's kinda hard to figure out. And after two months of sticking to the I7 4790k I think I'm gonna switch to the skylake, it's more expensive but looks like the future

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

i did that finally that im no longer at work, unless i ordered everything from the UK id be spending 2400 USD XD but this is an overkill build which is really nice. I keep seeing that motherboard pop up though so im going to look into it

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube