add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cherry mx for fps gaming

willistwy

49 months ago

Which switch is the best for FPS? And why?

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

reds and blues are the usual favorites. its all about general feel, tactile feedback, and the awesome click...

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Reds seem to be the most used for FPS. I believe it's mostly for the low actuation force, the smooth travel (there is no bump, it just goes down smoothly) and the fact that it makes a connection halfway.

I've recently upgraded to a K70 with MX Reds and it just feels a whole lot more sensitive than the membrane keyboard I had. And with some exercise, you can press the key repeatedly very quickly since you don't have to release it all the way: you just keep it fluctuating around its contact point and it'll register every stroke (can be handy in e.g. melee situations).

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Ty

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Definitely Cherry MX Reds and Blues.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally I prefer Brown. It's a nice medium between Red & Blue.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I like browns more than any other personally.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

It all depends on personal preference. The most common is reds because of the low force required to press them down and the fact that the activation point is only half way down, preventing you from bottoming out the keys and allowing you to react slightly quicker. If you aren't able to go to a computer store and sample some mechanical keyboards, I would heavily recommend buying a small key switch sampler online like the one below just to make sure you know which switches are your favorite. It's a little expensive for something that's only really used to sample something, but it's ultimately cheaper than buying an entirely new keyboard because you didn't like the switches on the first one.

http://www.amazon.com/Max-Keyboard-Keycap-Cherry-Sampler/dp/B00N6DXTW4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1449772455&sr=8-3&keywords=keyboard+switch+sampler

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Browns are best for gaming if you ask me. I like blues as well but they are loud enough to wake the neighbors.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube