add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Scorpiiious
  • 55 months ago

Hi guys, I'm after a build with the Phanteks Evolve Mini ITX pc case. I can no longer find any mini itx motherboards for the older generation (h97/Z97).

I have been looking at the Gigabyte H170 WIFI motherboard but haven't really found any reviews on it.

I want to build a small-ish computer that will run CS6 and light gaming. League of Legends, WoW, Overwatch, Starcraft 2, to name a few.

Budget will be under $1500 AUD

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

I'll let you decide where the rest of the budget might go, but this is a solid start. The GPU is enough to max the games mentioned and then some.

And if you want to add an aftermarket cooler to keep things quiet, this would be the best option for the price. A total steal too, as this same fan goes for 55 USD. It's way more than you'd ever need unless you're trying to break clock records: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc12dxbk

Though I want to specifically note that the chip in this list is locked and will not overclock, not that you'd need to.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor $325.00 @ Centre Com
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard $219.00 @ PCCaseGear
Memory Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $67.98 @ Mwave Australia
Storage Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $125.00 @ Umart
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $69.00 @ Centre Com
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card $279.00 @ Centre Com
Case Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX Mini ITX Tower Case $109.00 @ PCCaseGear
Power Supply Silverstone Strider Plus 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $109.00 @ Umart
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1302.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-25 19:49 AEDT+1100
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your time and putting me a list together :D

Would this build still be arlight to run Adobe CS6 stuff? :)

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Sure is! It's not a CS6 Powerhouse, per se, but it will do great for the budget. The 960 should be capable of supporting all the extra features

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube