add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help with my build!!

JTX
  • 54 months ago

So I'm planing to do my build. I'm a bit lost on witch direction to go. I mainly want it for streaming on twitch and video editing and photoshop use. I will be playing games but mainly from my ps4. My budget is $600 dollars I want to start with that and little by little upgrade it. I do live in United States Texas to be exact. I just want to pick out the right parts for what I want to use it. So if you could plz help that be great :)

Ps I don't need keyboard, mouse, monitor. Ect. And plz do add either Windows 7 or 10

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

if you're okay with rebates

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nybtzy

if you're not

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7rxpg

they can both stream and do photoshop and video editing, but keep in mind there's only 8gb of ram. should be fine if you don't edit/photoshop every day.

the first build has 5 rebates totaling $80 and a great graphics card. the second has no rebates and a good graphics card.

both are solid. one is better but requires a bigger initial budget, then waiting for rebates to come in; the other is worse but no waiting for your money back in rebate form and is within budget right away.

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

The 1220 V3 isn't hyperthreaded. The 1231 V3 is. I've made the assumption before that all Xeons are hyperthreaded, but only certain lines are.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for the info +1point

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I've noticed you making that same little oversight in other threads, and I've pointed out each time, so try not to get too annoyed by that, haha

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Why do you suggest him to use single channel memory mode opposed to multi channel (Dual Channel with this CPU)

Also, does he need a server grade CPU?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

The CPU was selected (with a bit of issue, in fact) because the Xeon 1231 V3 (the one they meant to choose) is hyperthreaded, making it roughly equivalent to a locked i7. It offers all the streaming and gaming performance of an i5 without the price tag or integrated graphics. The Xeon 1231 V3 is a very interesting chip because although marketed as a server-grade chip, it makes a remarkable and very capable gaming/streaming chip. Since OP mentioned streaming games, the Xeon is a great first choice.

As for channel mode, the differences between single and dual channel is measured in nanoseconds and can be considered statistically insignificant. The performance difference between single and dual channel is imperceptible to humans, and as such, only makes a difference if the ram in question is required to render complex files in the dozens of gigabytes. For a gaming rig like this, the primary considerations should be price and future upgrades.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the explanation. I myself haven't ever compared single vs dual (or more) channel memory modes, but theory is that dual channel shall give you better performance. In this case you might be right and the performance gain is negligible. (But again, I can't make any responsible side on this one. I'm not that experienced.)

Cheers

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

With your budget, this is the best I could do. It is difficult to get a computer to do all those things well on a $600 budget, but this will play most games at medium/high settings with 60 fps while streaming. It is a bit over your budget though. (Edited)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $184.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H-GSM Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $65.45 @ SuperBiiz
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $39.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.99 @ Newegg
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 380 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card $142.99 @ Newegg
Case Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case $29.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Fractal Design Tesla R2 500W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply $39.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) $84.98 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $693.37
Mail-in rebates -$60.00
Total $633.37
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-25 14:06 EST-0500

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube