add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Budget all-around PC for ~700$?

Brodief8
  • 55 months ago

Alright so this is my first PC build ever. Little nervous about it, but I had many people suggest that i make a post on these forums to get some helpful advice.

For a run down- I'm looking to get a PC that runs games medium-high settings (even higher if that's possible with my current budget) and has decent processing power to handle dual monitor usage. I'd like to have a game in one screen, and maybe have Skype+Chrome+Other basic tasks for general multitasking. I also use a music DAW that's high CPU intensive on some of the vst platforms, so having a good CPU to support this would be a big bonus for me. I currently use a smaller TV monitor as my current display(i'm using a laptop to power everything, so not really in my favor right now) as well as i have external keyboard and mouse already available to use.

I would like to at-least run games like Fallout, Arma/DayZ, Battlefront, and other miscellaneous titles while locking into a decent frame rate, and not have a lot of instability, even if that's the cost of some graphical detail.

This computer will be used via wireless connection as apposed to ethernet, so I don't know if most motherboards come with internal wireless NIC or if i need to add that to the current pricing. I'm willing to go upwards of 750$ for this build if extra pieces like that are needed into the equation.

I will probably need a cheap optical drive and potentially a version of windows if I can't get a hold of someone in that regards, so again i can push this upwards of around 750$ for any extra material needed.

I understand i'm asking a lot out of this build and really pushing limits, but I'm also open to any Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals on any parts. I have 500$ allocated to this fund right now as i'm still trying to save for the rest of it. If i can save some money by picking up a few parts early and waiting till i can afford the rest, i will gladly do that.

a pre-thank you already for anyone who looks into this and would like to help me out!

-Brodie

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

My plans are to use the small TV as a single monitor for now, and i'll suffice with that until i can look into getting two new monitors. I'd rather save the money now for the computer itself.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very much! Does this MB have wireless capabilities, or LAN only and i need to find an adapter?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Have to buy an adapter.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, i'll look into finding one and adding it to this. I think this will be the ideal build to go for :)

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I have no idea why people choose the $7 more expensive TP Link adapter that doesn't even have ac. Is it just because it's one of the first results that pop up and people are too lazy?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey, do i not need a CPU cooler for this build?

ALSO- I should able to flash Windows 10 via USB for this build, so that can be taken out of the list for this if that can fix any pricing concerns. If i can't get the usb to work, i'll see if i can find someone who still has a windows 8 boot sequence and use that in replace. Of course i'll just get the W10 if worst comes to worst.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube