add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$~1000 PC - Gaming And Recording

Flagmauth
  • 55 months ago

Budget: $1,000 US. Willing to spend a bit over but preferably not more than $1,100

Use: Playing video games and recording said playing of video games for Youtube. Also editing the videos.

Peripherals required: None

Operating System required: Windows 10

Note: Would prefer to be able to play newer titles like Fallout 4, Just Cause 3 (which I am aware is not out, just something to shoot for) and Battlefront on the highest possible settings at 40-60 fps while recording, not sure if this is possible but might as well shoot for it. It's worth mentioning as well I use two monitors - one is 1920x1080 (the primary monitor) while the other is 1600x900

EDIT: Might need a wireless card if there's some reason I shouldn't be using the USB one I have currently.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, I will - I'll add that more clearly to the OP.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I did some looking into SSDs and they seem like a great idea, so unless there's some massive argument against it, I see no reason not to get one.

As far as spending goes I'm ready to spend all of the thousand on this.

One more thing I forgot to add is that I am situated far from my router, so I may need a wireless card - I have a USB one currently and I can just re-use that in theory but I didn't look into the disadvantages of that (will add that to the OP as well).

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd suggest a powerline adapter if you have money to spend and/or slower internet. A nice one-time purchase for possibly lower latency.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the help, it looks great (as far as a neophyte like me knows, anyhow)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube