add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need a PC that has the same specs of a PS4 or better for a cheap price.

Diamond_Dan1
  • 54 months ago

Budget: Something that has the same specs of a PS4 or better for a cheap price.

Use (Gaming, Rendering, etc): Gaming, maybe some recording of Fallout 4, GTA V, Minecraft, Rocket League.

Peripherals required (monitor, keyboard/mouse, etc): You don't have to but I would like some peripherals included. Probably just a Monitor though.

Operating System required: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Full (32/64-bit) Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Full (32/64-bit) Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)

Additional info/questions:

1) I want to know if buying a game capture system or whatever it's called will work for a pc. (the things you plug into your system to record)

2) If it does, will it not require as much pc resources as a recording software would?

3) Can you pick some out for me and put them in a list? (I just need it to record up to 1080p. I know these are "you get what you pay for")

4) I need my monitor and pc to be able to play games/videos in atleast 1080p quality. Preferably 2k quality.

5) I'm hoping this to be under $500 but I'm really just looking for a PC that is just as powerful as a PS4 and maybe better for a Cheap as you can get.

6) I don't need 2k quality. I would just like 1080p. I also want to be able to upgrade it in the future if I want to.

Thank you so much Let me know if you have any questions.

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Amd better

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I've heard that Intel is better because of something to do with the distance the processor has to travel or something like that. Like, if AMD and Intel had both 3.5 GHz then the Intel one would be better because It takes longer for the AMD

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry meant amd better for budget builds and no future upgrade

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Not anymore. The A10 APU has been effectively made obsolete by the i3-6100, which comes with similarly powerful integrated graphics with more capabilities and better compute efficiency.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Intel CPU architecture offers greater instruction level parallelism, thus, higher execution throughput per cycle per core than AMD.

AMD still has some value footholds with a few CPU's. Overclocked 860K's and 8320E's are solid competitors in their price class, both of which are discrete CPU's that must be paired with a discrete GPU.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Budget: Something that has the same specs of a PS4 or better for a cheap price.

Good rule of thumb is that an 860K / FX-6300 + HD7850 or GTX750Ti or better will run most games as well or better than a PS4 with similar visual quality settings.

Operating System required: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Full (32/64-bit) Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Full (32/64-bit) Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)

Use Windows 10, it will perform better.

1) I want to know if buying a game capture system or whatever it's called will work for a pc. (the things you plug into your system to record)

2) If it does, will it not require as much pc resources as a recording software would?

Best bet is to use either ShadowPlay with Nvidia or GVR with AMD for capture. These technologies leverage the fixed function video engine on the GPU to record and encode-on-the-fly with low overhead.

2) If it does, will it not require as much pc resources as a recording software would?5) I'm hoping this to be under $500 but I'm really just looking for a PC that is just as powerful as a PS4 and maybe better for a Cheap as you can get.

Spend a little more. You're going to have to jump off the value cliff on a lot of components to hit that budget.

What you're looking for is something like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-8320E 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor $122.99 @ NCIX US
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard $72.98 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $29.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive $66.99 @ Amazon
Video Card PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card $109.99 @ Newegg
Case Deepcool TESSERACT WH ATX Mid Tower Case $35.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Fractal Design Tesla R2 500W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply $39.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) $94.99 @ Adorama
Monitor Acer KN242HYL 60Hz 23.8" Monitor $109.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $683.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-06 10:14 EST-0500
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

First of all, what is the resolution that a ps4 can "produce"?

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

If I am not mistaken I think PS4 and X1 both run at either 720p or 1080p at low to medium graphics and 30 fps

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, I would like a list if you can make me one. I can always adjust it if I want. Take your time on it. I just need to play games/videos in 1080p.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice, I'm liking it but I prefer Intel CPU rather than AMD.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube