add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is gta 5 online on PC unplayable?

ricelover6113

50 months ago

Im getting it since im going to pc and some friends have told me that online lobbies have hackers and they do annoying stuff to you.

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 2 points

if you're going to play online with friends and the hackers and modders annoy you then you could always just start an invite only session with your friends :)

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

A friend of mine plays GTAV online as well, and seems to enjoy it quite a bit.

Now, it is common for these games to have cheaters and grievers in certain lobbies (heck, even during the Battlefront Beta people were getting banned for hacking/cheating), so you can occasionally run into some annoying pricks. But usually they should get a server ban fairly quick. They shouldn't be able to do anything to your computer though (as far as I'm aware at least), so it's more a annoyance rather than a real security risk.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

so it sounds like its the same situation as last gen

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Like waffle said, if it honestly bothers you that badly you can just do an invite only session with your friends. There are plenty of lobbies without hackers or cheaters. Griefers are universal however.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe the steam reviews exaggerate the modders/hackers lol.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

They do, and besides most of the modders/hackers I have seen were pretty chill and didn't really mess with my game.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Agreed

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd be more worried about how bad the servers are. Joining friends can be a nightmare.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube