add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will my power supply be able to support my build?

wonnieyannie
  • 52 months ago

Dear PCPARTPICKER community,

I have just finished my first build, but I am unsure if my power supply is capable of powering the build. Here's my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/wonnieyannie/saved/#view=mVbPxr If you guys could kindly view it, I thank you.

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

Theoretically, probably yes... but the only good thing I can say about the N1 is that it's not a fire hazard.

After rebate, the infinitely superior Corsair CX430 is available for only a bit more. Even without rebates, it's the best bargain-bin PSU.

Seriously, just spend the little bit extra. The N1 is bad enough that I am quite confident it will reduce the lifespan of the other parts in your system. The CX430, on the other hand, is amazingly good for such a cheap little unit. If you absolutely refuse to get a Corsair unit, the 430W EVGA W1 is about the same price range, and that one is at least tolerable for a budget build, if not in any way good.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube