add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What Kind Of Power Supply Will I Need For This Computer

TEMPLERLJXx
  • 52 months ago

built my own computer on this (getting the parts soon) and was wondering what would the power supply be right here is all my compents but im unsure which graphic card but i was going to get one out of this 3: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card, EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card and Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/pWyqjX

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

just changed motherboard to MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

The GTX 970 will be the most power hungry of those cards, bringing the max power estimate to 350 watts. The GTX 960 would have the estimate around 325 watts.

A 550 watt power supply will be more than enough for your build, with room to upgrade to a more powerful graphics card at a later time. The EVGA 550 G2 is a very nice unit: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20550y1

Whatever you choose, do your own research first before you buy. Look for professional reviews of power supplies especially, because there are some cheap fire hazard computer killer PSUs on the market.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks man for that advice

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

if i was to overclock would i be ok for power supply thanks

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

550 will give you plenty of power to overclock.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube