add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Inaccurate Pricing - IMPORTANT

Meldrex5

46 months ago

So I was browsing my partlist today when I decided to follow the Newegg link to an MSI R9 390 card. Out of stock. The next seller for the same card was listed for $20, WHICH WAS WRONG. PCPartpicker failed to detect the rebate for Amazon, MicroCenter and B&H. Now I am relativly new here and it's nearly impossible for me to see if this issue exists elsewhere but if it does than it could be costing people a lot. Please take a look at this and at the very least add the ability to add comments or rebates to manually changed sellers / prices. I know you're busy but thanks.

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 2 points

Couple comments about this:

• Stock status is refreshed on an interval, but on days with lots of volatility we can lag behind. Black Friday, Cyber Monday, release dates, etc. - the stock status can change minute-by-minute, and we're not able to get stock status that granular yet. We do the best we can, but on days like today it's pretty tough to track it exactly on everything at the same time.
  • Rebates on Amazon just aren't going to happen. We've talked to them about it and asked for that info, but they can't give it to us for various reasons. I mentioned it'd be advantageous to them to do so, but it doesn't matter. The only way to get the info right now is to scrape their site, and their terms are pretty explicit in prohibiting that.
  • Rebates on MicroCenter should be possible, but I'll have to look into it.
  • Rebates on B&H may or may not be viable. I'm pretty sure the data we get from them does not include that info. If that's the case, I'll see if we can get them to add it in.
  • 46 months ago
  • 1 point

(Don't mean to sound rude but) Like I said previously, a fine alternitive would be the option to manually set the list to show a rebate. Ideally the system would ID someone manually marking a rebate and notify others who put the part on the list to go check if there really is one. In addition (which I admit is not really the same topic) I've been having issues with combos not showing up such as this one. (My part lists have this in them if you want to look at it) PCPartpicker shows the combo for other items with this motherboard but not for the free RAM that it comes with through Newegg. As I write this I realize that your system may not be set up to handle a class of combo such as this however due to how common it seems to be I believe this would also be something to look into.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I would like to chime in here as well. I'm using PPP for the first time and noticed today that one of the vendors (happens to be Amazon) has a lower price for one of my parts that the one PPP selected and Amazon isn't listed as a vendor for that part. It would be great to be able to "patch" that somehow by manually adding the vendor to the list for that part. As long as you can validate the manually added vendors price points, seems like a great way to help keep the prices up to date without triggering a complete re-crawl.

HTH!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube