add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Satellite internet and gaming

Chokyi

50 months ago

Hello, I am new to internet gaming and my son and I are also going to build our first PC. So, my question is can we play games such as Halo 5 and the like on Hughs Net satellite internet.
I have a gaming friend and he seems to think it will not work. I must say that the internet sometimes in poke your eye out slow at times. I do not want to spend $$$ on a build and it not working thanks Chokyi

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the views. I read the satellite internet provider and NO I will not be able to play MMO games :( Thanks again Chokyi

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, unfortunately, satellite is terrible for online gaming.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Since you are playing multiplayer games, I would think not. Sorry, about it. You could try something like Google Fi or Project Loon if it ever comes near you.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably not and Halo 5 isn't on PC...Also use Speedtest.net to get your ping, download, and upload speed from a sever that is in like lets say Europe because it is unlikely that a sever for gaming is going to be close to you.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

if they still use a phone connection for upload, then definitely not.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube