add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

6600K and Define R5

p3nt4g0n

50 months ago

Here is my part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JxBFvK

Need input on what type of cpu cooler/setup I need. I'm not going to be extreme overlocking, at most lightly. I like the look of an AIO cooler but since I'm getting the R5, I would like to keep noise to a minimum. So looks like if I do opt for the AIO, my options would be a 120/140mm AIO on the rear exhaust or the same or 240/280 at the front intake. Would like input on which would be better, or if I should just stick wth an air cooler.

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Little point in getting a water loop for a light oc imo, cryorig h7 ($35) is the current budget air cooler champ and should cope plenty fine.

You don't need the 32bit version of windows, that'll just restrict your ram to 4gig.

Asus z170 pro gaming is an improvement over their "A" board as per techreport.coms september build guide, it was only ~$5 more last time I looked at the site list.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Regarding the OS, its the retail version so isn't it both 32 and 64 bit? Aren't you able to select when installing OS? Also do you think the MSI Krait board is comparable? Trying to go for the white/black theme.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Sure the mobo should be compatible. I guess I was just trying to point out you can prolly save some bucks with just the 64bit version, tho I don't know what other implications going with the oem version entails.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

If I did go for an AIO, what would be my best bet between Corsair or NZXT and also a 120/140mm or a 240/280? Keep in mind I'm trying to keep it as silent as possible, reason why I don't want to mount fans or AIO to the top. Will the AIO be audible in this case if the top panels are all attached?

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want it quiet aa possible you are going to want to avoid aio coolers.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube