add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Budget Gaming Build Help Please

SmgUk
  • 54 months ago

Hello this will be my first time building a pc, I want something for general pc stuff like web browsing / photo editing etc but I would also like it to be able to play these games on high settings with good frame rates.

The games are:

World Of Warcraft

World Of Tanks & Warships

War Thunder

I am in the UK am looking for as cheap as possible and needs to include a copy of Windows 10, I would also prefer a smaller pc and not a full tower so I was thinking the Nvidia GTX 750 TI looks like a decent cheap Graphics Card but I am unsure on the processor and motherboard and pretty much everything else lol

Thanks In Advance

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

The 750ti should be a pretty solid choice for a build like this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor £85.99 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard MSI H97I AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard £78.32 @ CCL Computers
Memory Kingston Savage 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory £32.13 @ Amazon UK
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £29.99 @ Aria PC
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Video Card £94.90 @ More Computers
Case Thermaltake Core V1 Mini ITX Tower Case £32.42 @ CCL Computers
Power Supply Antec EarthWatts Green 380W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply £37.98 @ Amazon UK
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) £72.30 @ CCL Computers
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £464.03
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 14:11 GMT+0000
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I never thought that parts in the UK would be so overpriced.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

GPU seems to be the most overpriced. Everything else scales at least kinda normally.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I think the least overpriced thing here is the hard drive. That's about it.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh wow, just went through conversions, and yeah. That's crazy. The case isn't too bad, though, some color options on the Core v1 can up the price a bit.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep, people over here have to pay the nice import tax, you guys in the US don't have to deal with, I assume. XD

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice thanks a lot that looks great.

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

No problem, glad I could help!

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd pay an extra £3.22 and would get the Kingston Savage 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory to unlock the Dual Channel mode.

My other usual suggestion would be an SSD. But since WoT usually loads a lot only before the first start up then you have to wait around 30 secs before the game start, you'll have plenty of time to load with a 7200 RPM HDD as well. :) Though I would partition it to have a separate (say 100 GB) drive for the OS. Put all the games and data to the rest (900 GB) of the space.

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

I disagree. Dual channel offers only nanoseconds of performance increase over single channel. The difference is certainly not at all palpable in gaming. It only ever shows any tangible benefit in the heavy rendering of dozens of gigabytes of data. And even then, it's a couple seconds.

Save the extra quid and pick up some flowers for that someone special this holiday season

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

This article says, you are right about the performance increment is hardly noticeable.

My girlfriend says, you are right about buying some nice gifts for the special one (she wants a £250 necklace though, not some flower for £3).

My gut still says, it's weird not to use a technology, that's there.

2 vs 1: I seem to be in minority here. XD

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube