add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is this PSU good?

onatuner
  • 52 months ago

I am unsure about PSU in this build and would appreciate wour thoughts. Also feel free to write about the build in general too. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $254.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $24.89 @ OutletPC
Thermal Compound Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste $4.63 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $154.99 @ Micro Center
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $57.99 @ Adorama
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $77.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.99 @ Newegg
Video Card MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card $294.98 @ SuperBiiz
Case Cooler Master MasterCase 5 ATX Mid Tower Case $82.45 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply Cooler Master 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $136.30 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer $17.89 @ OutletPC
Monitor Asus VX239H 60Hz 23.0" Monitor $299.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard Logitech K740 Wired Slim Keyboard $57.80 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1539.88
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $1509.88
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 14:48 EST-0500

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

the fully modular V650 is brand new and too pricey. it's good, but buy something else. you can get an 850 watt (opens up the option to crossfire the card) that's also a better psu for this price. also, the cryorig H7 (if in stock) is a better cpu cooler.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

850 watt of what? Cooler Master?

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

850 watts of EVGA G2, 850 watts of EVGA P2 and yes, 850 watts of Coolermaster V850, not as good as the EVGA G2 or P2, but better than the V650.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

In what sense they are better? I mainly care about the safety of my parts and therefore the stability and security of the PSU. Price and efficiency comes in second place for now.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

well you're in luck. they have all the protections. stability is better, electrical performance is better too. the one in your list originally is very good for a mid range psu and it's effficiency is the main high point, but seasonic and superflower high end platforms beat this enhance (the OEM for the V650) made unit any day. this isn't a scenario where the V650 is as good or better than those other psus I linked, it's price is just temporarily inflated. in two weeks and beyond it will be $30+ cheaper. you can read reviews of all these power supplies. the one in your list is a fully modular version of this:

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

My mind is shifting towards the P2 as I read the comments of the product on Amazon and the review but the downside is I actually ordered the previous PSU on Amazon and gonna have to cancel it now. Also noticed something else the PSU above in my build and the one I bought is actually not the same. Mine is Cooler Master V650 - Compact 650W 80 PLUS Gold Modular PSU (6th Generation Skylake Ready) and it is $90. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I9NZ2QM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 I am undecided as of now...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube