add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

A gaming rig to play fallout4 - £300 - £380

Gamertaghere17
  • 54 months ago

I'm completely new to this gaming computer stuff as I've been using consoles but would like a gaming only rig to play the latest games with a budget of £300 to £380 and would like suggestions in the UK , I'm also open to questions and would like it if people could point me in the right direction. Thnxs

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Just the box or do you need monitors/is/keyboard etc..

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Just the computer, I already own a monitor, keyboard and mouse to use

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

The budget is a little tight. Here's one direction you could go:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor £85.99 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard £30.99 @ Ebuyer
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory £32.66 @ Amazon UK
Storage OCZ Trion 100 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £42.99 @ Ebuyer
Video Card MSI Radeon R7 360 2GB Video Card £85.88 @ Aria PC
Case Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case £28.49 @ Novatech
Power Supply Silverstone Strider Essential 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply £51.06 @ CCL Computers
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £358.06
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 21:35 GMT+0000

It will play Fallout 4 on lowered settings and/or a lowered resolution. It won't perform better than modern consoles at the moment, but you could upgrade it later. Although, if you really want to build with future upgrades in mind then I would make different part selections than these.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I will be upgrading parts in the future as I may be getting spare £500 in the next few months to use on the computer so would you be able to give me a rough idea on what to upgrade to play latest games on higher quality ? Thanks

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

If you plan on upgrading soon, you should try to go ahead and get either a good CPU or a good GPU. Otherwise you will be scrapping both in a few months. A Haswell or Skylake i5 (3.2GHz or greater) will be a solid gaming CPU. GPU-wise, you want to shoot for a GTX 960 or R9 380 if you want to hit high settings in new release games.

It's probably better to buy a good motherboard and CPU first and add a GPU later.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

i would not recommend buying all the parts and few months upgrading them, because then you will pay the parts you upgrade almost twice. I would wait till you got all your money you want to spend on the new pc and then buy parts which don't have to be sorted put in the near future.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube