add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Getting a new power supply...

SomeImagination
  • 53 months ago

Any input you can put into this would be great!

So I bought a new GPU (ASUS 750 ti OC) that needs a 6 pin connector, not realizing that my PSU doesnt have one. The PSU is 300w anyway so Id rather just get a better PSU than try anything else.

What I need to know is if this PSU works with the dell inspiron 3000 (3847) desktop. https://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-100b10500kr

Let me know if you need me to give any more details, Ill reply as fast as I can. Also if you have a better PSU idea around $40-50 then let me know.

EDIT: Thanks for the help guys! It looks like everything will work correctly without changing any of my ideas. Ill still contact dell support tomorrow though just to make sure.

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 3 points

This PSU is better than the one you have listed, and most cases will accept any PSU. I would contact dell support be sure it is compatible before buying it however.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! Ill be contacting dell tomorrow to double check. Also I found a deal with best buy for the PSU I wanted and on top of it I had a gift card so Im sticking with the EVGA. :)

• 53 months ago
  • 3 points

Just try to make sure the case will accept a standard ATX power supply.

One alternative is to buy one of the 750 Ti cards without any 6-pin connectors; many can work off the 75W provided directly off the PCIe slot.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube