add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

need help with compatibility

Sammyt555

50 months ago

Hello all, i have a new z170 skylake build ready to assemble but my cooler is gonna be another week. ugh!

I want to see if i can use my stock cooler on my i-5 750 2.6 to fit my z170 and i have no idea how to go about finding out if it will fit.

i only want to use to to boot and get software downloading, not to actually start putting my cpu to work with.

any ideas? my current mobo is an 1156.

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

The stock cooler should fit. i5 750 is socket 1156 and all the 115X sockets have the same dimensions, including the Skylake socket 1151. Use new thermal paste and you should be all set to assemble and test your build before your main cooler arrives.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube