add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
madangry
  • 54 months ago

Ok I am exhausted on looking at builds and what will be the best one for me.

Free game to who comes up with the build I pick and I will pick one.

Budget: $900. This is not a strict budget and if needed I can go over or not spend as much. (Need Operating System)

Do not need: Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor, or hard drive (got a new 500Gig ssd a few days ago). Do not need: Wireless and audio card. Do not need: Fancy colors or windowed case. Rather have a quite case designed to reduce dust intake.

My current monitor is a 55in 4k tv though not expecting to play at 4k for this budget. Would like it to be as quite as possible so silent fans will be needed.

I will not over clock or upgrade the computer at all other than maybe a new GPU in the future. I will not SLI or Crossfire.

Goal: 1: To play Fallout 4 on the best settings and frame rate possible at 1080p (doubt I could get over this with my budget). 2: Play other steam games on steam. IE: Fallout 3, New Vegas, Age of Wonders, and Child of Light. 3: Watch tv shows from online sites like netflix, fox.com, etc. 4: Play Diablo and Starcraft (though not hard core)

Basically I want a build that will play games and lets me watch movies.

Parts must be in stock from either New Egg or Amazon as that is where I will be purchasing from. I have Amazon Prime.

Prize is as followed for the build I pick. I will pick one tonight at 7pm cst. 1 Free Steam game valued at no more than 59.99. (So fallout 4 if you want). My community steam name is madangrypally

Notes: I prefer Intel and quality parts that last. Was leaning towards the new Skylake CPUs though more cores may be better with DirectX 12 changes.

Rather spend a tad more for a good brand than risk having problems with a cheap brand.

Going out for a few hours so wont be able to respond until I get back.

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Not sure if you needed windows

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZR4QrH

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $199.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard MSI B150 PC Mate ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $82.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $99.99 @ Newegg
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB SOC Video Card $303.98 @ Newegg
Case Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case $30.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $103.86 @ Mac Mall
Optical Drive Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer $18.89 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) $92.99 @ Adorama
Case Fan Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 39.9 CFM 120mm Fans $24.13 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $957.81
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-01 14:26 EST-0500

This will do that easy and run at decent med/high settings in 1440p depending on the game.

I5 skylake gives you lots of power 16gb of ram in case you decide you want to do any editing if not drop to 8. Great gpu beats the 970 and for the price is amazing. Power supply is about as good as it gets fully modular and 80+ gold from great company. I have the windowed version of this case and its really good for the price comes with two blue led fans I added extra in case you wanted some more air flow but mine is quite quiet without them and I'm running an amd CPU.

Any questions lemme know

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah fail what happens when its a long description people over look things..but he did say he's willing to go a bit over

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $254.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $19.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $57.98 @ Newegg
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $40.99 @ Amazon
Video Card PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card $279.99 @ Newegg
Case Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case $49.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $52.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $796.92
Mail-in rebates -$40.00
Total $756.92
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-01 16:12 EST-0500

Do I Win?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GWdTQ7

This is what I would do.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/mrachd/saved/#view=8M9D4D

CPU - Great CPU and can run games well. CPU Cooler will keep the cpu at a low temperature and will create less noise than a stock fan. [liquid cooled] This will extend the life of your CPU. Motherboard - Rating were great. 8 gb of Ram - This should be enough for your requirements. Graphics Card - Highly recommended and will do great for your needs. Case - My friend has this case and for the price it does an amazing job of filtering air into the system and keeping dust particles out. PSU - Does the job and will suit your needs. Operating System - Windows 10

You wont have to do really any upgrading and this will last you a long time!

Any questions let me know.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

The build I'd suggest for you is http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GhYKvK Keep in mind I'm no professional so there could be a mistake somewhere but if you pick this, keep in mind I dont want a game so factor in $60 if you want to pick this!... Or ask me to maybe fix it up a small bit to work a tiny bit better

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok I am home and looking through the choices now. In the next 45 minutes I will pick a build and order it online. Once I do that I will post the winner and send them a mail.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I picked the build by MistuhJ.

Just ordered everything from Newegg and picked next day delivery. Removed the HD as I have the SSD and 3 external hardrives. Didnt order the case. Will go to a computer store and pick on up. Had bad luck buying cases online and now when I build I just pick on up at the local computer shop.

Thanks for the responses. Appreciate the guidance.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube