add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gaming pc for arround $1000

BarnoB
  • 54 months ago

Hello I want to start gaming on PC for games like modded Skyrim and Fallout and also online games like DayZ, CS and WoW. Graphics are not really important (ps4 graphics are good enough), but FPS are important, i would like so smooth as possible:) . I would also like quick load times and starting up time. I'm new to pc gaming, so tips or complete builds are all welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

Would you also need keyboard, mouse, monitor, headset, OS?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

OS yes, i prefer windows 7. Keyboard and mouse only if it still will be arround $1000 and I already have a headset.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

What do you think of this? https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ArkhantheBlack/saved/#view=6Pw48d

There's some room to move around with things on that build(mainly the CPU/GPU), and if you wanted to upgrade in the future, you'd probably have to get a more powerful power supply, but otherwise I think it's a solid build that would do what you want.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

The FX is beaten by an i5 in games, the 840 EVO is old and overpriced for its performance, there isn't much if any benefit of a black drive over a blue for the typical users, and since there aren't really any in-depth reviews on that particular PSU I wouldn't get it. The rest of the CXs I wouldn't use in a build like this to begin with.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

The FX is also considerably cheaper, and still performs perfectly fine for gaming, which is why I went that route. My only SSD was gifted to me, so I admit to not knowing a ton on the subject(what SSD would you recommend instead?). In my experiance, my black drives have lasted longer, but then I could have just gotten a dud drive or something. And since the PSU would probably be upgraded first, I didn't really focus on any of the reviews., though you are definitely right there as well.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

For an SSD there's always the newer step up for Samsung's SSDs: The 850 EVO. But for a usually cheaper option there's always the OCZ ARC 100 that performs roughly similar to the 840 EVO.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, let's compare with the FX.

Roughly $320 here with a cooler like you included.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kn7p23

But about $315 here with an SLI-supporting motherboard.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rFGmmG

So not really much more expensive. Just because it works fine doesn't mean something else won't work better.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube