add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case Fan LED mod?

shottycall

48 months ago

I am building a themed rig for my wife for xmas and I have the Corsair 230T case. It came with 2 red LED front fans. I have 3 Blue LED fans in my case that I will be retiring soon. I'd like to swap some of the LED's but not all, to make a design with the lights.

Would I be able to remove just 2 of the 4 LED's and swap them with blue ones? I'm guessing I'll need to solder them and my past soldering skills arent very good lol

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

All you would need to do is remove the fans and replace them with the ones you want, you are overthinking this.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

You're not understanding. The case has two front fans. One on top of another. I want the right half to be blue and the left half to be red, not possible by swapping out a fan

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube