add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
chauler
  • 54 months ago

Okay, so I'm looking for some help finding the right parts for a PC. I want to be able to game in 1080p with medium settings or (hopefully) higher, while maintaining 45-60 fps.

The games I'll play will include, but not be limited to, Star Wars BattleFront, CS:GO, Fallout 4, and GTA V.

Budget: Capped at $900

Use: Gaming

Peripherals: I'd like your average 1080p monitor. Nothing fancy, but nothing horrible. Keyboard and mouse could be a $10 bundle for all I care, I can upgrade those later. Headphones not needed.

Operating System (Windows 8) Required

I will not overclock.

I don't care about aesthetics.

I would like this to last at least a year before having to upgrade to keep up with new games.

On the topic of upgrading, I'd like lots of room for upgrades.

If you can fit it in there, I would like an SSD, but I understand they are still a bit pricey.

I would also like to be extra careful with temperature, even though I won't OC.

This post is quite a mess, but hopefully you guys can understand it. Thanks to all who help out!

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the reply! This list really helped. Just a question, how does the 380 compare to some of the GTX cards?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Benchmarks I've seen have the 380 outperforming the gtx 960

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, thank you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube