add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asus MAXIMUS VI FORMULA ?

IBIubbleTea
  • 81 months ago

Hey guys, What do you guys think about this board? I cant really find much people who own the board and talk about it... :/ Is this board any good..? I heard this board might overheat because of the water cooling thingy..I want to install the H220 with an I7 4770k without custom water cooling, Will it work?

Thanks.

Comments

• 81 months ago
  • 3 points

Depends on what your looking for in a motherboard, it's amazing for overclocking and can be flawlessly added into a custom loop. It also comes with top of the line onboard sound (forgot the exact name). It's a good pick up if your looking for an overlooking board, that can be integrated in a open loop

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

Do I have to do a custom loop? lol I really dont want to..

• 81 months ago
  • 2 points

No sir, their are fans that will perform just like normal, you won't tell the difference if you compared it too another motheboard. It's called passive cooling. If you have a custom loop the temps drop an average of 22C for the motherboard heatsinks (which is crazy). But if you don't have one and you have one it will cool just like normal.

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

I heard that this board might have over heat problems.. IDK

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

Only reason I can see why that would be true was either poor airflow in the case, and even with that you can remove the thermal armor by removing...(three?) screws and making it look like a regular motherboard.

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/1BY4q

My planning build, I think I will have great air flow.

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

defeating the point of paying 400$ for this motherboard :(

• 81 months ago
  • 0 points

http://youtu.be/351NpFWIqIA , I highly discourage using the water cool part of the board as it's made in aluminum unless you have anti-corrosion in your liquid and you know what you're doing.

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes I know, I dont want to do water cooling. I just want to know if this board is any good..

• 81 months ago
  • 2 points

The link has a full indept review of the board ... all your questions can be answered there. Yes, it's a good board - yes, you can find cheaper if you want. I'm not sure what your standards of "any good" is. If you're just looking for a "yes it works just fine with a H220" then you have my go. It works.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube