add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

[jonnyGURU]EVGA 650 GQ review

PureBlackFire
  • 52 months ago

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, i was looking for a review of the 650W one.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

About what I expected.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Guess their all the same platform.

Not really a surprise though.

It's a good power supply. Too close in price to the G2 though.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree. The way I interpret this offering by EVGA is to be a semi-modular version of the G2/GS platform in order to offer a wider range of budget options to the consumer. But the pricing just isn't right. Once the new-ness of it wears off, I'm sure it'll fall more in line price-wise.

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

The way I interpret this offering by EVGA is to be a semi-modular version of the G2/GS platform in order to offer a wider range of budget options to the consumer.

3 diffrent manufacturers though.

GS-Seasonic

G2-Super Flower

GQ-FSP

to offer a wider range of budget options to the consumer. But the pricing just isn't right.

I'm pretty confused about this unit.

There's already the B2 which appeals to the more budget oriented people.

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

My wording was pretty poor. I didn't mean the actual electronic platform, I just meant the "evga power supply" as platform. Thanks for clearing up that difference though, it's nice to see it in a simple form.

While the B2 is a great budget option, many people don't consider it because it's "only bronze-rated" and always opt for the gold-rated supplies, even if they aren't as reliable (usually via other manufacturers or the G1 series), because they think a gold-rated supply means a better one. It's an unfortunate commonality in the marketplace because not all consumers research.

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

While the B2 is a great budget option, many people don't consider it because it's "only bronze-rated" and always opt for the gold-rated supplies, even if they aren't as reliable (usually via other manufacturers or the G1 series), because they think a gold-rated supply means a better one. It's an unfortunate commonality in the marketplace because not all consumers research.

Some research will go a long way with power supplies.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

this is a different platform from the GQ 850 and 1000. this looks aurum based.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I heard someone else say that too.

Appears it's upgraded. Doesn't perform like the G1.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

How many lines of modular gold units does EVGA actually need? Maybe they're just addicted to making good PSUs.

• 52 months ago
  • 3 points

well, if the market leading corsair is a proper example, this strategy is a winning one. than again there is rosewill and thermaltake who aren't "winning" like this.... ah well, EVGA know what they wanna do.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube