add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
SonnyBuildingPc
  • 54 months ago

Can someone build me a £400 gaming pc that can run CSGO 120fps+ and that can run modern games at a decent fps. No mouse,monitor,keyboard or headset is needed.

PLEASE INCLUDE WINDOWS 7 64 BIT

YOU CAN OVER PRICE BY A BIT BUT GIVE REASON WHY

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, this list is over budget, but it nearly has to be for this budget and what you're asking out of it.

Building a gaming pc on this budget is doable, but requiring OS in the price makes it much more difficult. What I went with was pretty much the bare bones for a decently reliable and powerful gaming computer to run what you've asked for while offering decent performance on modern games as well.

The i3 is pretty much the bare minimum I'd go for something like this. Another option is the Athlon 860k, but it won't be as capable for the more modern games compared to the i3. The motherboard is the least expensive option, but it's still reliable. The ram is the least expensive 8gb set of decent specs, and 8gb is the gaming standard. Hard drive is a solid choice, one of the more inexpensive choices, but a large drive like this is definitely preferable, especially considering smaller drives aren't much less expensive at all.

The video card is what I have kind of deemed to be the minimum for acceptable performance for modern games. There are cards that can definitely get great CSGO performance for less money, but the 950 offers the best price/performance in this budget range. The case is a solid little case that's inexpensive, and the PSU is the least expensive reliable unit, and it happens to also be fully modular, so that's a nice plus!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor £85.99 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard £31.49 @ Ebuyer
Memory Kingston Savage 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory £31.97 @ Ebuyer
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £29.99 @ Aria PC
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card £121.99 @ Ebuyer
Case Zalman ZM-T4 MicroATX Mini Tower Case £20.02 @ CCL Computers
Power Supply SeaSonic ECO 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £34.98 @ Amazon UK
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM (64-bit) £74.95 @ CCL Computers
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £431.38
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-07 21:27 GMT+0000
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

+1 on this.

OP if you shop around you should be able to find a windows license a bit cheaper. Tesco was selling off win 8 for something silly like £20 recently...

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I definitely encourage looking at something other than Windows 7. Win7 is in an odd place as being one of the most preferred operating systems, but the OS itself is end-of-life. As a result, the price is just gonna keep climbing and support is gonna dwindle for it. Plus, 7, 8, and 8.1 should still be a free upgrade to Win10. Right now, 8.1 and 10 tend to be the least expensive ones.

But 20 pounds, really? That's crazy

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah if I was an enterprising man I would have picked up a few but I couldn't be bothered lol

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube