add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

h105 intake and exhaust setep

TheRealCharChar

50 months ago

can someone help me understand setting up the intake and exhaust with a corsair h105 and the nzxt h440 case. I havent set up my pc yet but I wanted to better understand the airflow setup that would be best for keeping my pc nice and cool!

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

The general rule of thumb with airflow is to have about equal intake/ exhaust. OR having a few more intake than exhaust fans can be helpful. Considering the NZXT H440 has 3 front intake, you better off with two fans on the H105 exhausting out of the top of the case. This means you will have 3-4 intake and 3 exhaust giving you relatively balanced airflow and overall the best thermals you can realistically get. Keep in mind that Push vs Pull through a radiator has almost no difference on cooling performance. One final note, a push pull setup with 2 fans on both sides of the radiator, typically doesn't offer a lot more performance than a Push or Pull setup. So pick either Push or Pull depending on which you like more astetically since it really won't have much difference in cooling overall. Hope this was helpful understanding airflow. Good Luck! :)

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you so much! i was planning on using the front 3 as intake and using the radiator on the top as exhaust as well as the 140 fan at the back as my exhaust

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube