add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Rosewill hive DEAL

janiev1997
  • 52 months ago

So guys do u think i should buy the rosewill hive for my build? i know the capstone is slighlty better for just 10 euro more but theres a massive deal on newegg currently with a 50 percent reduction on the hive :P.

Btw will it fit with my build?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $273.98 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U9S 46.4 CFM CPU Cooler $59.55 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $143.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $53.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $77.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.98 @ OutletPC
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.98 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card $649.99 @ B&H
Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case $78.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply €55.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1438.44
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-09 19:32 EST-0500

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

The Rosewill Hive is, pretty meh.

And by meh I mean bad.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=408

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/rosewill-hive-650-w-power-supply-review/

Are you referring to the Capstone G or just Capstone.

The Capstone G replaced the Capstone. A little confusing, I know.

Good Great alternatives are the EVGA G2, and the Corsair RMx. There are also more budget friendly options such as the EVGA B2, and all XFX units.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

okey, but i am talking about the 1000 w version not the 650 w u referred to in the second link. About the 1st link, that review isnt that bad is it? It just states there is a better version for only 10 bucks more, only we are now in a different situation, the hive is atm not 10 bucks cheaper but 60 bucks cheaper because of the deal :P

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

okey, but i am talking about the 1000 w version not the 650 w u referred to in the second link

Ahh. My bad. I thought they were the same platform, but I checked and they aren't.

About the 1st link, that review isnt that bad is it

It's pretty bad.

he hive is atm not 10 bucks cheaper but 60 bucks cheaper because of the deal :P

Do you have a link?

It just states there is a better version for only 10 bucks more

Prices change over time.

Your build also isn't going to need 1000w. 1000w is complete overkill even for dual 980ti's.

If you plan on adding another 980ti later on, get the EVGA B2 750. It is a great power supply. It is currently out of stock on Amazon though.

While the deal for the Hive may seem like a good deal, it really isn't. You are better off paying more for something better.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

this is the link, its currently on sale on newegg : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182315

but you are probably right, i shouldnt let them trick me in to buying something i dont actually need by giving price reductions. (the thing i DO need even not on sale probably ends up cheaper :P).

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

It only has a 3yr warranty too.

Sometimes looking at the warranty is a good way of determining if a unit is good or not.

Not all the time though, so don't use it as a crutch.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Any other opinions?

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't buy the Hive. Not very good PSUs.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't buy it, if you actually needed 1000 watts you would want a much better unit and for a high end build, you should get a high end psu. I would recommend getting a Evga 850 watt Evga G2, 10 year warranty with enough power to run two GTX 980 Ti's and have everything overclocked and it has a 10 year warranty.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

and for a high end build, you should get a high end psu.

exactly!!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube