add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

help me choose a part list

lockout
  • 54 months ago

Budget: 1000-1200 Location: canada Use (Gaming, Rendering, etc): gaming Peripherals required (monitor, keyboard/mouse, etc): monitor Operating System required: windows 10 size: medium-large

i would like to go with a black and red colour theme, use the black and red NZXT noctis 450, i probably wont try to overclock for awhile or until i choose to make a new pc

thx

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

was just wondering if replacing the cpu with a pentium g3258k would be a bad idea it would let me spend a little more on gpu

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

NO, It would be a good. Althought you wont be able to play GTA 5 and Farcry 4 because it only has 2 cores. Also it would kinda take out some performance when it comes to rendering and editing, but if you want go ahead.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

The challenge here is that it is in Canada where they have really horrible pricing. Don't get me wrong Canada is amazing! but the tax.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/Yn6HP6

The best I could do with the 1000-1200 group. this is with a rebate though otherwise its 1300.

8 core CPU with a Nvidia GTX 960 4gb on a 970 chipset 1866mhz ram at 8Gb paired with 1tb HDD

I predict gaming settings to be 1920x1080 ultra to high @ 60+FPS Video conversion should be faster with the 1024 CudaCores the 960 comes with. Video rendering on the other hand takes a Hit (Not by to much though) due to this rig aiming for more gaming platform seeing as 1300 is not nearly enough maybe 1500.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/jvZYvK

4 threads of intel power paired with the monstrous R9 390 rendering 8GB of Vram for easier and better rendering wile also giving you Ultra maxed settubgs at 60+ fps in 1080 or even 1440. coupled with 16Gb of DDR4 RAM everything ells is the same just a tear up on the rendering scale. *Note this processor only has 16 PCI-e lanes meaning only the one graphics card will be supported.

Don't be scared to ask questions.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

this isnt on the canadian site, and it doesnt have periphericals.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube