add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

i7 4790k & Gigabyte GTX 970---->First Build

Croo1223
  • 54 months ago

So guys, I am going to build my first pc ever(and obviously need some help), with a budget of 1.000 € [maybe a little more if needed(+100€)] and I want to have the i7 4790k CPU and the Gigabyte GTX 970 GPU inside it. I really don't know what mobo to get, what cpu cooler, or the other things. Can you help me with some builds? (I get the OS, keyboard & mouse & headphones & monitor from extra money, so only the components with ~1.000€) Thanks :D

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

An i7 would be a waste if all you are planning to do is gaming. An i5 is more than enough for you needs. You can put that money you save from opting for an i5 instead of an i7 to getting something like an SSD.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor €236.36 @ Mindfactory
Motherboard Asus H170-PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard €119.13 @ Amazon Deutschland
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory €59.49 @ Amazon Deutschland
Storage Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive €46.89 @ Amazon Deutschland
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive €52.89 @ Amazon Deutschland
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card €359.16 @ Mindfactory
Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case €49.90 @ Caseking
Power Supply Fractal Design Tesla R2 500W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply €76.56 @ Amazon Deutschland
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total €1000.38
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-11 21:12 CET+0100
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a really nice build, thanks a lot m8, can you give me some options for the case? Or, tell me how to choose? U know.. I would like something more... WOW....

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I chose this one just to stay inside the budget while also not sacrificing airflow. Anything from Corsair and NZXT should be good. NZXT Phantoms are my personal favorite from NZXT.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you add an CPU cooler and an optical drive please?.. Well, at least an CPU cooler, because I guess I can choose any Optical Drive I want..

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

The i5 6600 is a locked processor so the stock cooler should be fine. If you still wish an after market cooler, I recommend the Hyper 212 EVO or the Cryorig H7. In my honest opinion, optical drives are not worth anything anymore as you can do just about anything on a USB as you can on an optical drive. If you still want to get an optical drive, ask yourself this one question,"When WAS the last time I used a CD?"

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

And now comes a noobish question: Well... how do you install the windows?

[comment deleted]
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Can u explain me what the thing with skylake is? I know it has something to do with intel processors..

[comment deleted]
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Aaaaaaaaaah.. Thanks dude! :D.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube