add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I think I've settled on this build - any thoughts?

neaskemenna
  • 54 months ago

original budget was ~£500 but extended to 600

just a few pennys over with this --> http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/neaskemenna/saved/#view=nm2ypg

any thoughts?

thanks

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

I would go with a 380, specifically the Asus Radeon R9 380 2GB Video Card ( http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-strixr9380dc2oc2gd5gaming )as it is really a thin bit cheaper (like really thin). If you do get the 380, change the PSU to a 550W as the 380 does require more juice than the 960. Yes the PSU will be more expensive but something from Super Flower should do the trick. Taking the 380 route will put you at about 10 pounds over budget but if you can spend that extra 10, do it. Other than that, it looks pretty solid.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for the feedback - had not even thought of the Radeon. Will have a read and see what the pro's and cons are. Initial reviews i've read look good!

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

Please remember that the PSU is one of the most important parts of the PC, its not always wise to get the bare minimum. But if you have no other choice, then well guess thats what you gotta do

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

anything you would suggest in particular?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube