add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

EVGA supernova nex750g for $80 or should I consider another PSU?

AidensCalling36
  • 79 months ago

I bought EVGA supernova nex750g the other day once I randomly decided to SLI two gtx 760's. However I just read a few reviews that said it was relatively loud. I've got a Fractal R4 and I'm trying to keep it quiet, so is there another 750 w I should use?

Comments

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

If your getting that EVGA for $80, you won't find something comparable that is fully modular and Gold rated for that price.

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

Also if you have it ...you tell us is it loud?

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

The reviews I have read say that for this price this is a good power supply, but when it came out it was like $140 which was overpriced. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/NEX750G/11.html

I'm doing my build this Sunday, so if it is too loud I'll post and tell you guys about it! I'll also return the powersupply to Microcenter possibly and go through that hot mess lol.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

How has your NEX750G been holding up? I may decide to SLI two gtx 760s in the future and got this PSU on heavy discount ($50 after rebate), but I'm somewhat concerned after reading lukewarm reviews. Considering RMAing it before opening. Would appreciate your thoughts, thanks!

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

This is an average psu. It's ok but if you could buy the G2 series instead that is a much better psu.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, yeah that's what I've heard over and over. I decided to take the hit on return shipping to NCIXUS and get the G2 instead. Hopefully it'll be worth it in the long run!

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

I've had no stability issues with it at all however after a year the fan is starting to get loud even with keeping it clean. If you have a few extra bucks in your budget I'd go with another manufacturer at the same wattage.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Got it, thanks--well at least you have that nice 10 year warranty, so should continue to hold up well. The 750G2 has been whisper quiet so far in Eco mode, so the psu operates fanless below a certain temperature. If you end up deciding to switch out the NEX, based on the many reviews and my short experience thus far, I would recommend getting the G2. Fwiw, I don't think you can find a better value tier 1 psu for the price/wattage (I looked all over and couldn't justify choosing another).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube