add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

AMD FX-6300 and Windows 7

Theegans
  • 54 months ago

Ok, so I am a Mom trying to buy my 13 yr old son computer parts for his first gamer pc. I am Gamer PC illiterate. The specs on the FX-6300 indicates it runs on Windows 7. The question I have is do I have to buy a Windows 7 OS or can I still buy a Windows 10 OS and upgrade? I already bought the FX-6300 and I am trying to figure out if I need to return it for a different CPU. I know a very rookie question. Any help is appreciated!!!!

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

It will still work with windows 10.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point
  • The AMD FX6300 is compatible with the operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10...
  • Standard AMD and Intel processors are compatible with all current Windows operating system.

Note: If you expect any upgrades of the motherboard in the future, purchase a full retail version of Windows 10. Not the OEM version.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very much! Good to know!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube