add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fractal R5 3.5" HDD mounting?

newage_lightbulb

48 months ago

I have a probably stupid question, but I'm stuck.

I just got a Fractal Design R5 case. Each slot in the HDD cage comes with a nice slide-in, slide-out bracket. Worked great with my 2.5" SSD - the screw holes on the bottom of the drive line up perfectly with the inner holes on the bracket.

But I cannot figure out how to mount a 3.5" HDD, using either the side or bottom holes. The side of the bracket has folded-over edges which means none of the mounting screws that came with the case are long enough. And while the bottom flushes with the drive, all the openings for screws are way too big for the screw heads.

What am I missing? Do I need another part to mount a standard 3.5" HDD?

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube