add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
RSlade97
  • 54 months ago

Hey guys. I've got most of my parts for my new PC except my motherboard, graphics card, monitor and operating system. I'm good on everything except the operating system. I'm so confused. My end goal is to have Windows 10 on my PC. I was going to buy Windows 10 USB, but then online I saw that it is overpriced and I should buy the OEM version. I go to buy the OEM version but I see it's a disc. I am using a Fractal Define S and I have no optical drive. So I was going to make a bootable flash drive with the media creation tools from Microsoft. However I see online that with this new Windows 10 update, you can use an old Windows 7/8/8.1 key when Windows 10 prompts you for an activation code, instead of going from Windows 7 > Windows 8.1 > Windows 10. Is this true? I don't want to buy the wrong version.

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like it. The update before Halloween says that you can activate it when you search up something along the lines of "activate" and put in the Windows 7 key.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Ahh, okay. So I can just get a Windows 7 key, wonderful. Thanks for the help!

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube