add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z VS Asus Sabertooth 990fx/GEN3 R2.0

Radi_Gorillex
  • 81 months ago

I am deciding on these two MoBos and I don't know which one to get.

They both have their pros and cons, making it more difficult to choose.

Crosshair: -Meant or gaming (Which is hat I do most of the time) -Features like GameFirst II and SupremeFX III -Nice red and black color scheme -Better for overclocking, which I may do later. -More expensive

Sabertooth: -Cheaper -PCIe 3.0 Etc.

Which one should I get and why?

Comments

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

What is the price difference? Because feature wise they are essentially the same. Who says the Crosshair is better for OCing?

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

The Crosshair is $215 and the Sabertooth is around $180.

I've heard from other sources such as Tom's Hardware that the Crosshairs provides better OCing.

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

Both offer same class of overclocking. The Crosshair does have a special layout that is optimized for even higher DRAM clocking and more aspects of tuning. With that noted both feature the same digital controllers for the CPU/VRM and DRAM. As such the control parameters are very similar.

Overall for real world overclocking both will be outstanding for an AMD CPU.

You should only define the selection based on functionality and features not overclocking as they will both offer you the same experience.

The Crosshair as noted has 1. SupremeFX audio superior audio design 2. Intel NIC with GameFirstII offering superior performance, lower CPU utilization and more management options 3. Higher end VRM components ( the TUF are very high end though and high performance ) 4. 1 Year license of Kaspersky AV and full version of Daemon Tools.

SABERTOOTH offers 1. Thermal Radar - A way to monitor the temperatures of the motherboard acorss multiple sensors in relatime 2. A 5 year warranty vs a 3 year warranty

With that noted there are many items that are similar

1. Quality of the UEFI very mature and stable along with great overclocking and DRAM compatibiltiy including support for XMP tables being loaded
  2. USB 3.0 Boost - Can offer improved performance for many flash drives or high speed external storage
  3. Extensive fan control funcitonality
  4. USB Bios Flashback - A quick and advanced low level way to directly update or recover your UEFI / BIOS even if the system does not post or power on. ( No CPU, Memory or GPU required ).

Hope this helps.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube