add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair 200R?

ormey9

48 months ago

I am considering using the 200R for my first gaming rig. It's right around the price I am looking to spend. Can anyone give me their thoughts on the case? Do you recommend it for a budget build?

Will the stock fans be sufficient for keeping my pc cool? I have also heard that the open top can lead to a lot of dust build up - is it a serious problem?

Any responses are much appreciated!

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 3 points

Can anyone give me their thoughts on the case? Do you recommend it for a budget build?

Its a decent budget case, my biggest gripe about is the front dust filter on it and how bad it is get clean without compressed air and that the stock fans are kind of weak but they aren't bad, but I personally wouldn't pay the almost $60 for it right now, it is competing with likes of the NZXT S3340 and the Fractal Define S which are within about $10 on the 200R and are all around better cases if you don't need a 5.25 bay.

Will the stock fans be sufficient for keeping my pc cool?

As long as you don't have a bunch of hardware putting out a lot of heat it should.

have also heard that the open top can lead to a lot of dust build up - is it a serious problem?

Dust will get in but not a ton. Decmifilter sells a top filter for it but I wouldn't pay $70 for a case overall like a 200R.

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

My friend recently bought one, he says that it is better than most cases at that price since it isnt too flashy

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply, I think I'll give it a try.

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

I just bought 200R for my rig. Added another exhaust fan at the top and it seems good. I need to work on cable management since my FSP Aurum S 600 is not modular so, it might slightly block the airflow from intake to CPU cooler.

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

It is a good case and better than most stuff at that price point.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube