add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Noctua NH-C14S - will it fit in a case with max 140mm in height

tatalor

49 months ago

From the specs, Noctua NH-C14S has a height of 142mm and my case (Antec GX300) has a max cooler height of 140mm. I was wondering if there is a chance to actually fit in (2mm seem awfully little).

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

in this review they are using a noctua NH-u12s which is 158mm tall

http://www.dvtests.com/antec-gx300-test-review/

it doesn't show the case with the panel installed but i would like to say that the NH-C14s fits..

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 49 months ago
  • 1 point

So there's a chance I could fit a D14 in there? I did some measurements and it could actually fit with only couple mms to spare.

Any drawbacks to that? Makes me wonder why the specs are 140mm only. Anyone here who has the GX300? (I know, not a popular case, should've gone with GX500 or other, but too late now).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube