add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Sentey Metal Blade Power PSUs

tiny_voices
  • 52 months ago

Let's put this to bed. I see WAY too many of these PSUs in completed builds here and people defending them left and right because they have good reviews on Amazon. Here is the real truth behind them.

"That's a plain High Power Element Smart in a 750W flavour with Su'scon on the secondary. Here's a review of the 700W version in NZXT Hale82 V2: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NZXT/HALE82-700-V2/4.html It doesn't achieve good voltage regulation, pretty bad crossload, awful hold-up time, bad transient load reaction, and okay ripple (except in the unrealistic low-12V heavy-minor rail crossload). The caps won't last long, though the strong fan may help them last a little longer. The fan is apparently noisy too."

Courtesy of Orionfotl.

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

You need to remove the periods at the end of the link.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. Fixed.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I saw you put this in the tier list thread.

But I must be blind, because I don't really see a whole lot of these. I have seen a decent amount of Roswill Hive's though.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I see these all over the place both here and at Toms. The 750w one in particular.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

750 is the magic number.

CX750 comes to mind.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Exactly!

[comment deleted]
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

No lol.

Then again the G2 models <750 only have a 7yr warranty compared to the 10yr warranty of the other models.

[comment deleted]
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Apparently Sentey can't decide what they actually sell... On the picture in question from Amazon's page, that's Element Smart (from NZXT Hale).

However when I went to the actual store page, other photos like this one or this one show totally different insides and specifications than the last photo.

So, what is it actually?... They show photos of two different PSUs at the same page.

Same situation on Sentey's own website: http://www.sentey.com/en/mbp750-hm/ - the power on +12V is stated to be 56.25A and 62.5A at the same time.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

LOL that's really hilarious. They can't even get it right.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

It could be that some old versions were based on the bad design, and they now sell some improved ones.

If the specs and photos at the 1000W model Amazon page are correct, than the 1000W is High Power Direct12 Bronze II 1000W (Rosewill Hive 1000W)

If the specs and photos of the 750W mode are correct (except that last, open photo), then it's High Power Direct12 Bronze II 750W (but different than the 850W and 1000W versions - no reviews yet). The Element Smart from the last photo may be the previous version.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm I wonder what the new ones are. Really curious.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

the power on +12V is stated to be 56.25A and 62.5A at the same time.

Logic.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Schrodinger's amperage - you won't know what's inside until you buy it yourself.

Though yeah, that's probably outdated info for an older revision of the PSU under the same name. They updated all the photos except the one where you can see the internals...

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you think there is ever a chance of them going back to Super Flower?

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know, maybe they won't. I don't have any news about Super Flower, except that they just recertified a bunch of units for EVGA two days ago.

http://www.orionpsudb.com/application/files/5114/5056/8272/SFEX.doc http://www.orionpsudb.com/application/files/9614/5056/8271/SFEX2.doc

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Intriguing.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't have any news about Super Flower

super flower PSU are excellent units. Downside is that we don't see them in the US, just europe and other parts. We do see the EVGA G2, P2 and B2 which are super flower and excellent. They have the best warranty you can have on a PSU (10 years).

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube