add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What cooler to choose

matt_primmer

49 months ago

As the title says, I am looking for an adequate cooler for this build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/matt_primmer/saved/xT2ypg for about 100$.

I also wouldn't mind a second opinion on the cpu itself.

Thank you.

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

The Cryorig R1 Ultimate and Noctua NH-D15 are the top air coolers in that price range. Your Skylake i7 should work great paired with the GTX 980ti.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, thanks a lot.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

The chip listed is the locked i7, so you can't overclock it.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't plan on overcloking, but i guess its good to consider getting one that be, just in case i changed my mind down the road. What would you change it to?

Thanks

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

if you get the locked i7 don't waste so much money on a cooler. Just get the cryorig H7 or the cryorig M9i and you will be more than cover.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

They will be fine, or any inexpensive Cooler Master option such as the tx3 or T2.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

alright will do Thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube