add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How to connect the fan hub in the NZXT H440 2015 edition?

breazy

48 months ago

This case has a pwm fan hub in the back. The included 3 intake fans and exhaust fan are preconnected to it. I see 3 other cables that aren't connected to anything. A molex header of some sort, a 4 pin cable labelled "extension" and a cable with 4 sockets labelled "pwm cable". Where do I plug these?

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 4 points

Ideally you want your CPU fan plugged into CPU_FAN directly so the CPU controls its own fan. The PWM should be plugged into CHASSIS_FAN, SYSTEM_FAN or similar header which can be controlled by the motherboard temperature sensors separately from the CPU. Do not plug a radiator pump into the PWM or a sensor controlled header on the motherboard.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Where should I plug my AIO radiator pump? I have a Kraken X61, Asus Z170-A, and an H440 case w/ fan hub like the OP. I'd assume I should plug it into the W_PUMP header on the motherboard. NZXT wants me to use their CAM software, obviously, but what if I want control via Asus AI Suite only?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

The W_PUMP header is just a regular 4-pin PWM header. The X61 pump has a 3-pin connector so you cannot control the speed with PWM - it will always run at full speed unless you use the CAM software to control it over USB.

It's recommended to always run the pump at full speed and control only the fan speed by connecting the 4-pin PWM fan to the CPU_FAN header. Even then, I don't know whether the X61 accepts PWM control for the fan since it's intended to be controlled via USB.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Where can I plug the pump header into to get constant 100% power? It looks like the pump speed is internally controlled based on water temp.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

All 4-pin PWM headers give full power to 3-pin fans regardless of their speed setting, unless you change them to voltage mode. 3-pin headers always run in voltage mode so you need to set the speed to 100% for those.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Would the W_PUMP header act the same? It's the same type of header as all of the fan headers. I assume I could lock it at 100% via ASUS BIOS / AI Suite if it didn't already default to 100%.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I plugged splitter control thing into CPU_FAN2 and put CPU cooler into CPU_FAN1. Meaning I have no use for extension cable. Is that ok?

• 47 months ago
  • 3 points

This should help:

http://imgur.com/iMCNWBX

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

CPU fan goes to the cpu cooler, system fan goes to the fan hub or am I wrong

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

"pwm" goes into your motherboard's cpu-fan header. "extension" is just in case you have a fan cable that doesn't reach the hub. the molex is for power and connects to molex power cable on your power supply.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

i was confused about this as well so thank you for the clear answer. And, maybe this is a dumb question, but presumably that means the cpu fan goes into the fan hub but my question is, does it matter where? can the cpu fan be in any of the headers?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube