add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will this handle overclocking?

fiatster

49 months ago

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO on a i7 4790K?

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes, a little bit. But if you can a Cryorig H7 is a better choice for a slightly higher price unless it's unavailable for you.

• 49 months ago
  • -1 points

Yes, but better coolers exist, like the tx3, T4, H7, and any decent liquid cooler

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

I wouldn't call the TX3 or the T4 better coolers than the Evo 212...

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

256 christian would tell a different tale

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Unless the person has proof of what he says, then how do you know what he says is true?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Good point.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't have proof for things I don't think. (cough)

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

So are you saying you never said the the TX3 and T4 is better than the EVO?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Is 256 christian my evil twin?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Crap. Messed up the name.

No, i believe your evil twin is 666christian

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

The T4 performs the same as the 212 EVO, but the tx3 is not better at all. It is worse.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

So t4 ~ 212 evo > tx3

What about the H7, seems to be nice, but i can never find a price for it.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Well the t4 is not actually as good. It loses in some cases but is equal in others. I would say the 212 is slightly better. It has a WAY better mounting system. The one for the T4 is quite flimsy.

The H7 beats all of these.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Any idea about the price for the h7?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly, just going by the price points for those coolers, but I think they're all in the "budget cooler" range. So while they can handle a light OC on the 4790k, they won't allow as much as a better cooler, such as the Phanteks TC12DX, which is a large single-tower cooler (40~50$ range), and the Phanteks TC14PE and Noctua D14/D15 models, which are large dual tower coolers (70~80$ range), which on the high end, will provide cooling of similar performance to a good 240/280mm radiator AIO cooler (CM Nepton 240, NZXT X61...), while being quieter.

As for liquid cooling, unless you're constrained by fan mounts and case size, such as with a small form factor build, the 120/140mm AIO coolers are not worth the price. Either look at 240/280mm coolers or just go with an air cooler.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube