add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which cooler should I go for?

Jaysoysauce

49 months ago

Right now I have chosen the CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler, which seems like a really solid fan-- it's strong, quiet, and looks really nice with my color scheme. I've been looking at the Corsair H50 because it's on sale and it seems like the cheapest most reliable liquid cooling.

Would it be worth spending the extra money on the liquid cooling if I don't plan to initially overclock my system? I plan on upgrading into it preferably, so should I maybe just buy the liquid cooling when I plan to overclock? Or would it be more beneficial just to be using the liquid cooling for all processing, instead of the heatsync/fan? Thanks!

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

The H50 is really like an entry level liquid cooler. It is definitely enough for doing an OC, but not nearly as good as the bigger and more expensive models like the h100... that said, if you plan to use it, you might as well just get it instead of the h7 instead of wasting money later buying it. Trust me, its far less of a hassle putting the cooler on now than having to pull the old one, clean things up, then install the new one later on, especially if your case doesnt have a big enough tray cut out and it makes you pull the motherboard to do it all...

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool thanks for the response. Is the h7 gonna be the best deal for the best quality in your opinion? (also were your referring o the H75 corsair, or the air cooler? sorry if its obvious I just woke up lol)

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

i was referring to the h7 cooler you mentioned. Its a great budget cooler and is among the best in its price range. It can handle some over clocking as well, just remember its a budget cooler, not a top performer. The h50 liquid cooler is more of a mid level liquid cooler for higher end air cooling prices.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally I wouldn't do it:
120 aio's most of the time aren't worth it. You can get a just as good/better air cooler for the same sort of price and the air cooler is likely to be quieter. I don't know what your case is but 240/280 aio's are what most go for if they want better aesthetics/acoustics and have the cash to splash. Otherwise, a dual tower cooler like the Be Quiet! Dark rock pro 3 or the Noctua NH-D15/ NH-D14 are great air coolers and can handle big over clocks whilst be quiet and cheaper.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the response, I never even noticed the double air coolers before. Excuse my ignorance, but what are aios?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

All In Ones- refers to pretty much anything where you have a load of parts bundled together. In this case an aio liquid cooler is like the h50 or cooler master nepton 240m etc because the tubes, tubing, pump, CPU block, liquid and radiator is all pre assembled as opposed to buying it separately like in custom liquid cooling.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Oooooooooooh that makes tons of sense, I'm sure that allows them to build everything cheaper. Thanks for the info, it helps a lot. Do you know of any good liquid cooling systems I could possible buy in the future?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I personally have the cooler master nepton 240m and I'm loving every moment of it! It's so quite and cool! Apart from that I feel like I can't give a good recommendation as I've only ever used my 240m I've heard good things about the nzxt kraken x61 though.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

The h50 is crap. Definitely do not buy it. The H7 will beat it or at the VERY least perform the same but make 1/2 the noise.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool thanks for the response, glad i can dodge buying the h50 now!

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Glad to help!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube