add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
PCRizz
  • 54 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9gWHP6

Don't tell me to get an AMD graphics card I'm set on Nvidia

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

Ditch the PCIe Wifi and get a dongle. It'll take airflow away from the Graphics card.

Speaking of which... you're set on an inferior product. R9 380 is stronger. R9 380X is a LOT stronger.

Get a better PSU.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

What's a dongle? and link me the gpu u want me to get

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Dongle is the phrase for a USB unit rather than PCIe.

As for the 380X..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150761&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

XFX is a great brand. The cooler is outstandingly designed, quiet, and has an amazing warranty if you register.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I can attest to the 380X.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Get an AM.... Lol jk ;)

I see a lot of people (myself included) have gone for that keyboard bundle.

What is the plan with this build? Gaming? May want a higher wattage PSU.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Mainly gaming like hard games like witcher 3 and fallout 4 but also games like hearthstone micecraft and csgo and what monitor should I get? like it to be no more than $150

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are only gaming, the CPU is good, but if you are gaming and video rendering/editing, get a 4690K for $50 more.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Not bad. I'd ditch the WiFi part though, hardwiring is the way go, unless you're intending to print wirelessly or something. Only thing I'd suggest adding is an SSD like a Samsung 850 Evo series for the OS. And something for cooling, liquid cooling isn't absolutely necessary but it's worth it for a cooler running machine overall. Especially gaming. Nothing wrong with a little extra pre caution. Its a good start though, the mobo and CPU are fine if you're not planning on over clocking.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks what do you mean by wifi part the adapter? You think it should be wired?

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube